Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Everyone's Favorite Subject....

With Dreams Come Responsibilities
~Langston Hughes
Today I got both Debng's list of freelance jobs and Wednesday's "Morning Coffee" list.

Now, even just two weeks it took me three hours to get through these. I was not very picky about jobs, could not afford to be, and if I could write it, I applied for it...even if it was not necessarily interesting, well paying or...well, etc.

This is not to say that this is a "new job" for me. GardenWall has been around for years, but always part time, always on the side, and always for a few select people. In fact, I can honestly say that the inspiration for GardenWall was all my fellow students at MSU who so desperately needed proofreading!

But, I do admit that GardenWall has grown exponentially in the past couple months. The website got a perk up. I joined the Freelance Writers Union, and several freelancers profile sites. My clips built and built, because, like I said, I accepted just about 90% of the jobs offered to me.

Today, though, I applied for 2 jobs off of Deb's blog and 1 of the Morning Coffee offerings. These are ones that I am truly interested in, know I could fit in my schedule, and know I would not dread.

My point though, other than the great links I've provided today:) , is that the jobs will come.

And you know when they will come? They will come when you put the right amount of effort into getting them. Daily effort. Unique effort. And dedicated effort.

So here's a cliche for any new freelancers or work-at-homers: anything, ever, worth doing is worth doing well!