Monday, November 26, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Great things happening here at GardenWall...
First, rough week last week as I ran the Scholastic Book Fair at my child's school.
Second, I've found a return rate on jobs applied for of about 5%--- HOWEVER, this past week I've got a couple bites from potential clients that I first approached in the Summer. So that return rate may be heading upward.
Third, I am quite happy to see an incredible repeat rate with some customers. I think this is a very positive testimony to potential clients, so I will soon be adding a portion to my website that details those who keep coming back :)
Saturday, November 10, 2007
- The colors now match my branding.
- The blogs on the blogroll to your right are the best out there.
- You can now subscribe via RSS.
- The picture with this post is added simply because it is from the most beautiful place on the planet: Alberca de Los Espinos, Michoacan, MX.
Potential clients: if you're considering me for a project, please be advised that I am at my most motivated this month!:)
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
- No whining when you're bored.
- Please stop jumping on me.
- Don't make sudden, loud noises. I am often in a state of deep concentration, and they tend to scare me.
- Quit looking at me expectantly everytime I stand up. It is not game time.
And, since he doesn't understand me, would you please kindly tell the cat to stop laying in front of the monitor? I mean, I know it's warm and all, but come on. It's really hard to write with his 20 pound mass sitting right in front of my screen.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
This is because I've found that, even for a smallish project, I have to invest a minimum amount of time setting up the project in my records, communicating with the buyer, and getting the specifics of the project. So a project worth one hour of pay actually takes two hours.