Friday, December 7, 2007

This Performance's Cast:

As a freelancer who works from home, my support system is of tantamount importance.

My editors: Such great support and encouragement. One actually told me yesterday that being an editor requires that "you can see through all kinds of bullsh--." I found that hilarious.

My true friends: The real ones make themselves well known and obvious.

My husband: Also my accountant, business partner, and sometimes-work-from-home buddy- is on the lookout for me all the time. I call him the Enforcer. What I say "I'm going to make xx dollars this month," he makes sure it's so. When I say "I'm not going to waste time doing xx," he makes it so I don't have to. I love this man.


My kids: Provide incredible material! Where else can you hear that "men have a penis and women have a China"? I mean, I can't MAKE this stuff UP!

My family: One side spans two nations and two languages, the other side spans over 30 years of history.

I couldn't do this job so well without a supporting cast like this.