Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dear Jack,


Dear Jack,

I'm not your personal jester. I know it looks like I'm not doing much, sitting here very still with just my fingers moving. But I am actually typing. And I am typing words that turn into pay. And pay turns into things like food. And heat. Things that you enjoy.


So, in the future, I would kindly ask you that you not treat me as your personal plaything. This means:



  • No whining when you're bored.

  • Please stop jumping on me.

  • Don't make sudden, loud noises. I am often in a state of deep concentration, and they tend to scare me.

  • Quit looking at me expectantly everytime I stand up. It is not game time.


And, since he doesn't understand me, would you please kindly tell the cat to stop laying in front of the monitor? I mean, I know it's warm and all, but come on. It's really hard to write with his 20 pound mass sitting right in front of my screen.